Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It is puzzling to me how the timing and events of life can sometimes be so confusing and heartbreaking for what seems like no good reason.  It is hard to understand life during trying times and to not feel frustrated with God's plan.  It is hard to understand how trials that we experience will someday make us stronger and more thankful, appreciative people.....
.....We are spending our recent days praying for health-restoring miracles for babies Hope and Hailey (Brynn and Molly's newest second-cousins). 

After becoming a parent myself, it is amazing to me how hearing sad news about another parent's child can totally break my heart.  Perhaps it is the common thread of unconditional love for your child that is shared.
Thinking about that, I can't help but wonder how I became such a lucky person to have two wonderfully, healthy little girls.  I also know that I have NOTHING to complain about...

The small and insignificant challenges of everyday are SO meaningless in the big picture.  What is, however, meaningful are the small and significant blessings we need to be thankful for everyday. 



Small, but SO significant! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Am,

    We are praying for those babies...hope everything is ok!
    Do you have a day off or low-key weekend sometime soon? We always say we should do a playdate, but I really think we just need to put something on the calendar! :-)
    XO rach

    ReplyDelete