Thursday, February 25, 2010

How Do We Love Thee....

...Let Me Count the Ways...

Brynn's vocabulary is starting to grow by leaps and bounds, and she is starting to "say" more names of members of our family instead of just pointing at their pictures on the fridge.  She has a few favorite she likes to say including Da-ey (Daddy), Mama, Mol (Molly), Bapa, Nana, and Bull (uncle Bill:)). 

The last two nights, when putting Brynn to bed, it occurred to me how brilliant little people truly are- even at the tiny age of 19 months.  After I layed her in her bed, I leaned over the side of her crib for a few minutes to watch her sleepy eyes and smile for a few last minutes.  I told her that it was time to go "night-night".  She began going through the list of all of our family (at least the names she could say) and I would tell her that they were going "night-night" too.  After she finished her list, I went through the rest of the names of her aunts, uncles, and cousins and she agreed with her "Yuh" that they were also going to sleep. 

Her eyes slowly began to shut as we went through the list,  but her smile continued to get bigger as I listed all of the names.  I love that at her young age, she already knows all of the people in her life that love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment