Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Copycat

I have to steal another idea from one of my favorite blogs I check-in with on a daily basis (love ya Rach!)...
Because I don't have anything profound to post, a few recent "tidbits" of our life will have to do!

I am so happy that my first day back at work came and went.  My heart ached the whole night before and all morning before I dropped the girls off.  However, I was surprised to discover that once the school bell rang, it felt like I had never left...minus the fact that my students called me Mrs. Anderson (my sub's name) all day and I couldn't stop wishing 4:00 would roll around (although the day flew by).  Don't get me wrong, I miss (like crazy) spending 8 am- 4pm with my girls, but am thankful that the days pass quickly, so far!

Our new daycare will be a good fit...as long as Brynn decides to eat and nap while she's there.  On Day 1, she didn't eat anything and on Day 2, she didn't nap.  Hoping she decides to try both on Day 3!  Although I hated it to do it, putting her to bed at 6:30 instead of 7:15ish tonight was a must....and I know we'll still have to wake her in the morning.  She is her mother's daughter...she likes her early-to-bed, late-to-rise sleep schedule!  So far Miss Molly has had great reports....she even gets a written "report card" of her day- what treasures for her baby book (only a Mom would think so!).

I'm amazed at how only 2 days has totally changed my outlook on household chores, supper, and laundry priorities.  Although I've never been great at these things, I can already feel that the weekends will be used for catching up on them....playing on the floor, cuddling, and holding my babies will take precedence over all else!

Speaking of enjoying every second I have at home, something wonderful happened today.  We had only been home after school for about 10 minutes...Brynn was in a silly mood and kept coming up to Molly and I...Molly was watching her like a hawk (which she has started to do more recently) and when Brynn laughed at Ben, Molly giggled her first "true giggle"...it brought tears of joy to my eyes...not only because it was a "milestone" that I was able to witness, but because it was her sister who caused the giggle...the first of many exchanges of laughter between 2 sisters! 

Knowing that this week would arrive was difficult, getting through the first day was strange, and knowing that I'll be leaving my babies in someone else's care five days a week until June is a bit sad...but I am so thankful to have healthy, happy kids that are okay without me while I'm at work. 

My life is wonderful...I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment