Monday, January 18, 2010

Seize the Day...

Wow....I'm feeling a little bit...ok, maybe a lot a bit ...guilty that I haven't posted anything in 2 weeks.  Although I know we have some family and friends that read our news and look at pictures on here, I think the biggest reason I feel guilty is that I haven't taken the time to reflect on (in words) the little and big joys that have happened since January 5th (my last post).  I feel that I've cheated my girls and my memory by not taking too many pictures or sharing any mini-milestones and happy moments they have given us in the last 2 weeks.


So, here I go...back on track! 

Life....
....has been more hectic since I've been back at work.  I think the feeling of "hecticness" comes from the fact that I'm trying to cram in so much more "logistical" things about our home/family into each day on top of wanting to spend my spare minutes playing in our "play" kitchen (much more than the real one!!), reading books, and listening to brand new giggles.  

I'm amazed...
...that today (even though we didn't have school) would have been the start of my 3rd week back.  Although it is going "fine", I'm still missing like crazy being home every and all day with my girls.  Although I'm thankful for the evenings and weekend days we spend together, those same days also are a humbling reminder of how precious our time together, at home as a family is and make me appreciate them that much more every morning I'm driving to work.

Time...
...has continued to fly by at lightning speed. This is both good and bad.  I'm happy that the days come and go so fast because it means that our trip to the Dells (Valentine's Weekend), Spring Break, a good friend's wedding, warm weather, and the end of the school year will be here before we know it.  However, the fast pace of life lately also bums me out a little because it means the girls will be growing that much quicker and these present moments of Brynn's discovery of new words everyday and hearing Molly's giggles become more frequent will soon be a thing of the past. 

I'm trying to...
....not get so stressed out about the little things because I'm realizing that they are very minor, and I don't have time to waste being annoyed!  There are way too many other reasons to be happy and  picking up messes every night, getting the laundry put away, and having a cleaned off counter at the end of the night just aren't that important!  After all, I need to remember to be thankful that I even have a home to make messes in.

I'm praying...
....that all of the people of Haiti find a small ray of hope in their days ahead.  I can't imagine what they are experiencing.  It is frustrating for me to think that it takes something catastrophic to happen to people for others (including me) to realize just how lucky and blessed we are. 

I'm thankful...
...that we've had many great days recently. The girls have been doing well at their new daycare. Every day I race to pick them up after school so I can hear what I missed out on, but smile knowing they're happy. We've gotten to see our families pretty often in the last few weeks/days. We've celebrated birthdays, visited with family from out-of-state, shared great meals with parents/grandparents, and have made plans for more fun days with important people in our lives.

I have to...
....continue to seize the day...seize whatever I can because life slips away just like hourglass sand.....seize the day and pray for grace from God's hands, and nothing will stand in my way.....

One of my top 3 favorite songs ever....Seize the Day by Carolyn Arends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lmqtYR5tJo

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Thanks for an update...and new pics!

    You are right about time going so fast being a good and a bad thing. I think about that everyday because I always tend to "look forward" to things in the future. Having a baby certainly makes you want to spend a little more time enjoying the present.

    Hope to get together when we get back! The girls have changed so much since I last saw them!
    XOXO rach

    ReplyDelete